Thursday, July 22, 2010

17 lbs in 13 days!

So... I lost 4 lbs. this week... which makes a total of 17 lbs in 13 days -- actually 11 days from when I started the diet. Not tooshabby! Of course, I wanted to lose even more weight today - like my husband joked, I would've liked to have lost another 13 lbs. this week! I just have sooo much weight to lose -- actually, I would like to lose exactly 99.5 pounds from my weight today. But I need to be patient -- I've been basically binging for 3 years so it will probably take a year to lose it... and, hopefully, I will.

Still loving the program. Went to 2 group classes today and they were both awesome. I just love the leaders (psychiatrists and psychologists) and most (well, some) of the people are interesting. A lot of the people are a lot older (in their 50s & 60s, it seems) and not to be age-biased but I just can't relate as well. There were 2 young girls (prob. in their early-mid 20's) in the 2nd session... but they only had about 15 lbs. to lose... so, on that level, it's hard to relate to them, too.
Only problem is I'm really low energy -- probably due to my terrible anemia. I made the decision for A to go to Montessori every day now which I feel TERRIBLY GUILTY about. I'm just having trouble keeping up with him these days... especially since he rarely naps now... so it's a very long day. That being said, I absolutely LOVE being with him -- he's my everything and I love and adore him more than I could ever express. However, I need to focus on ME... I have to. I have 1 month b/f heading back to work (3 days a week) and August is crammed with GW appts and classes, dentist appts and I'm finally seeing an ob/gyn about my lovely fibroid. I'm also on a mission to get our house totally organized which is a HUGE JOB. Another issue is that I don't sleep much at night (maybe 4-5 hours) and then I nap (3-4) hours each day. I need to, obviously, change this... especially since I read that getting less than 6 hours of sleep a night can actually be a huge risk factor for diabetes and heart disease.

Anyway, that's about it for now. I'm definitely loving this program and it feels soooo great to be IN CONTROL again. I wish I joined the program 2 years ago like I wanted to but... better late than never, right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment