Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 3

Day 3... kinda sucks. I think reality has hit... that this is IT for the next 4/5 months... all I will be eating/drinking are shakes, protein bars, yogurt and PICKLES. Fortunately, the bars are delicious and the shakes are decent. But, ya know, I LOVE FOOD so this is TOUGH. The program literature states that most people are "comfortable, not hungry" on it. Fortunately, this is true for the most part. The only time I feel real HUNGER is at night which is why I'm adding an extra milk/protein to the diet. I'm feeling guilty about it even though one Dr said I should have 4 a day and the other Dr said 3.... but 4, if needed. Well, it's needed. i can not go to bed hungry. Besides that, I am feeling a little hungry all day, every day (well, after 12 noon I should say.... I don't get hungry before then, typically). One yogurt or protein bar (I have them separately so I can eat more during the day) is NOT going to fully quench my hunger... but it takes off the edge... and I find something else to occupy my time/thoughts... mainly A... or my new phone (loving the iphone!!!), TV, etc. Shallow, but true. I also like reading, hot baths, etc... so I do have a few other "crutches" besides eating, at least. And shopping. Love shopping. Especially for A. And hopefully for me again one day... one of the reasons why I'm doing this... anyway -- I'm hoping to start reading the new Geneen Roth book tonight on emotional eating and all that fun stuff.

Today was a 5... I know the first few weeks are tough, gotta keep going... I'm hoping to go in to GW on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment