Sunday, August 15, 2010

Week 5 update

It has been too long since my last post!

I'm at the point where I think about my "weight loss journey" almost 24/7 which is annoying but also somewhat motivating. I'm kinda obsessed with it, to be quite honest. I record (on this great application I found for my phone) everything I eat... and I try to stay at 900 calories a day (which is what I'm supposed to be consuming for this program). I haven't really started exercising yet but I'm definitely walking more than I have been. We joined this awesome health club a few months ago and I finally found some work-out clothes that fit... so I hope to start actually going!

I lost 3.4 pounds this week which brings my total to 29.8 -- .2 pounds away from 30 pounds. Sweet!

The program has become a "habit" now... I really don't crave "real food" and I rarely get hungry which is kinda crazy... but I'm thankful for that. It has almost become effortless. I'm surprised that I don't miss food as much as I thought I would. I was so heavily "addicted" to sugar, carbs, etc. It's amazing that I can "survive" without sweets... at least for now. No, I'm thinking positive... one day at a time (even though now it's more like "one week at a time")... so far, so good! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. 900 calories sounds low. I struggle staying with my 1400 calories a day. Kudos to you for making it happen. And more congratulations on 29.8!

    ReplyDelete