Friday, March 25, 2011

a ridiculous amount of stress :(

i'm ridiculously stressed. and probably a tad depressed (i hate that word), too. so many thoughts twirling around in my head, most (if not all) of them negative. and i hate negativity. some big thoughts like - "my husband and i aren't talking - i think we're really done this time - or at least i am". this is something that i've been feeling off/on (mainly on) for 5 years now. he wants to stay together. ideally, i do, too. but our marriage is so far from ideal that it's almost mind-boggling. more on that another day - it's toodraining to even write about it. then i worry about my kid who's turning 4 (OMG) on monday. is he okay? is he "normal"? i don't know. i wish i had a magic ball that could tell me that he's FINE, that he'll be FINE, etc. etc. etc. but there's no such thing. so i just worry. and feel guilt. lots & lots of guilt. for working so much. for not always being with him when i'm not working (like now when i'm blogging). just a lot of guilt. and sadness. which makes me want to eat. and eat. and eat. and eat. fortunately (?) i've only been eating excess protein bars & yogurts... my pattern for almost 2 months now. which has tremendously slowed down my weight loss. but i am still losing - albeit slowly - and i am thankful for that. i just feel kind-of out of control. not on the outside but definitely on the inside. it's like this overwhelming feeling of anxiety? fatigue? dysthymia (low-grade depression?). it's not that i'm unhappy. it's just i'm not really happy. if that makes sense? for example, i would love to go to GW tomorrow and then take a long nap and then have time with A and then pretend that my husband and i actually still liked each other and hang out. but that's not the plan. sigh. sorry to be so negative, i'm just feeling so ugh. :(

3 comments:

  1. We all have times when things don't ever seem to go as we hoped.. take things day by day, the more we stress about things we can't control we become overwhelmed.. life happens all you can do is try your best.. on a positive note you look awesome, congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you my warmest thoughts. I hope things improve soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had the words but all I have are hugs. And to say that I know where you're coming from, more than you know.

    ReplyDelete